Last Revised: May 25, 2018
Clkim, Ltd. (“Clkim”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of its clients and the users of its website and services (the “Services”). We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Site and Services.
How We Collect Data
Clkim offers services to individuals and businesses (our “Clients”) which enable them utilize shortened, branded links to drive traffic to their websites and/or market products. When an individual (the “End-User”) clicks on a link that has been created using Clkim’s self-service platform, certain information is collected by Clkim, including the End-User’s operating system and browser type. Clkim does not collect IP address or any information that could be used to identify the End-User personally. Clkim shares this End-User information with its Clients, or with third-party platforms that may be accessible to its Clients. Clients may also use the Clkim-supplied links to collect additional information or perform additional functions (such as firing a tracking pixel or displaying interstitial advertising); those functions are controlled by the Client, and Clkim does not receive any additional End-User information as a result of those choices.
Clkim also offers domain proxy services to Clients, whereby Clkim purchases a website domain on their behalf and enables the Client to serve as operator of that domain. Clkim is not responsible for the content that Clients choose to display on their websites and has no knowledge as to their data collection practices. Clkim does not collect any data regarding visitors to websites that it owns pursuant to its domain proxy services.
While Clkim does not collect any data that could be considered personal regarding End Users, Clkim does collect information regarding its Clients, as well as information regarding visitors to its website, http://clkim.com, as described below. This Policy applies to our Services, websites, emails we send, as well as the information we collect when you interact with us through social media or other websites and online services. It does not apply to non-Clkim websites and mobile applications that may utilize links created through the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications to understand their privacy practices.
Our Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information when you interact with our Services:
- Information You Give Us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. When you choose to open an account on the Services, you may be asked to provide certain information about you or your business, such as name, email address, and the country where you are located. If you start a free trial or purchase our Services, we may collect payment information, additional contact information, and other details to authenticate the actions you are requesting to take. We also collect and store any information you provide if you contact us, either through email, Skype, or our website inquiry form.
When you supply your email address, we offer you the option of signing up to receive communications from us regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. We will also use your email address to communicate with you as necessary to provide the Services, as described below.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This includes computer and connection information, such as type and version of browser or device, type of operating system, keyboard language, screen resolution, internet connectivity, statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our Services, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and device identifiers.
- Essential operation: These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Clkim website as you have requested.
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyze how the Clkim website is accessed, used, or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Clkim website. We may also obtain information from our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
- Functional: These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Clkim website in line with the choices you make
- Advertising: Interest-based advertising is the collection of data across different websites and/or difference devices for the purpose of tailoring advertising based on preferences or interests know or inferred from the data collected. Third parties, including Google, Facebook, and other social media platforms, may use tracking technologies on our website to collect or receive information from the Clkim websites and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
The third-party cookies that operate on our website include Google Analytics. Google Analytics help us analyze how users interact with and use the Services, compile reports on the Services’ activity, and provide other services related to our Services’ activity and usage. To learn more about Google’s partner services and to learn how to opt out of tracking of analytics by Google, click here.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, Clkim does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
How we Use Your Information
We may use information you give us to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and provide technical support
- Provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve the Services, including research and analytics regarding use of the Services, or to remember you when you leave and return to the Services;
- Provide and improve the quality of the Site or Services by formulating, customizing and enhancing the User's experience.
- Inform you about products and services which may interest you, and to send to you other marketing material, transmitted to you through the contact information you provided us
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may employ individuals and companies to perform functions on our behalf (e.g. processing credit card payments, hosting data, providing marketing automation tools, and analyzing the data we collect). We may share certain information with such third parties so they could perform their functions for Clkim with respect to the Services. Please note that payments to or from Clkim are processed via third-party online payment services, and you may become subject to Terms of Services and privacy policies set forth by the services when you choose to purchase a product on the Services.
As described above, by allowing tracking technologies to be deployed on our website, we permit the collection and sharing of information with third-parties who assist us in serving advertising regarding the Services when you leave the Services as well as third parties who assist us in personalizing, optimizing, and improving the Services. While Clkim will not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their own uses, such third parties may, with sufficient data from other sources, be able to personally identify you.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
We may use or disclose information about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith believe that such sharing is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services, or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of our employees and agents, other users of the Services, or members of the public.
Finally, if we change our ownership or corporate organization, we may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Deletion or Modification of Your Information
If for any reason you wish to delete or modify any information you have provided to us, please send us an e-mail with adequate detail of your request to email@example.com, and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such information, subject to any applicable laws.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing emails by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the e-mail transmitted to you.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site, Services and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your information will never occur.
International Data Transfer
We may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States, Israel and other countries. The laws in the U.S. and Israel regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. If applicable, you may have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of relevant data protection laws.
Information for Individuals in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. We ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Services if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
Clkim reserves the right to change this policy at any time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.